Who can use this feature?
Groups connect you with people, discussions, announcements, Events, and Resources. Join groups for campuses, departments, services, student organizations, or whatever else you can find!
This article looks at:
- Group Privacy - Public and Private
- How to find and join a Public Group through Discover
- How to find and join a Public Group through Search
- Private Group Membership
- Public Groups: Open for anyone to join. Group information is seen by all Users.
- Private Groups: Membership is by invitation only from the Group Administrator. Group information can only be seen by Group Members.
Find and join a Public Group through Discover
- Click on the Discover icon in the menu.
Mobile Users: Click on the menu icon in the top left corner to open your menu.
- Click on the Groups tab in the Discover menu.
- Review the full list or click on the Any Type button to filter your search by Group Category.
- Click on Join Group for any Group(s) you’d like to join.
Find and join a Public Group through Search
- Click in the Search bar at the top of your screen.
Mobile Users: Click on the search icon at the top of your screen to open your Search bar.
- Begin to type the name of the Group you are looking for. As you type, matches will appear below the Search bar.
- If you find the Group you're looking for, click it.
- Click on Join Group.
Private Group Membership
Private Group membership is by invitation only. When a Group Administrator adds you to a Group, you will receive a notification and automatically become a Group Member.